How To Install Ubuntu Software with Proxy

11:04 PM

How To Install Ubuntu Software with Proxy - I am using proxy when access internet on my campus, but i get the problem when i want install software for my Ubuntu desktop. I can download the software through local server on Kebo Repository, but without passing proxy, i can't download from ppa.

I am using PPA for downloading Blender, Flash, etc. I need to pass the proxy before i can download from another source. I don't understand how to setting up proxy with terminal. But i got simple solution for download software using internet with proxy. I decided to download Synaptic Package Manager. This software can give you GUI for set up the proxy with username and password. If you don't have it, just install it!

Install Synaptic Package Manager

On older Ubuntu version, you get this software for default. Synaptic remove from default ubuntu after Ubuntu Software Center release. Download and install it with type

sudo apt-get install synaptic

Setting Manual Proxy

After installing synaptic package manager, just open it and select settings > preferences > network. Select manual proxy configuration and insert your proxy setting include username and password (if your proxy need authentication).
Setting Manual Proxy
Setting Manual Proxy
Select OK and try to search an application on the list then install without closing the synaptic package manager. You can download any software from any source with your proxy internet. Happy download. Here my screenshot when downloading using proxy above.
download with proxy
download with proxy
I hope this article about how to install ubuntu software with internet proxy can help you downloading all software that you need. Don't forget to share this article to your friend, so they can download software with internet proxy too. 


Regrads,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe