Make Spritesheet Easily with TexturePacker

8:20 PM

Make Spritesheet Easily with TexturePacker - I am trying to make a hybird application with html5. I think, i need reduce the size of graphic but don't lose the visual quality. Then my friend suggest me to try TexturePacker. After read some feature on the blog, i am interest with this software. I think, I need this software!

I think, i need to buy this software, because can running on my Ubuntu machine. But after read some feature, i think I don't need to buy this software because I can get it for FREE!. Because bloggers and frameworks developers can get the license for free!

I am trying to request a free license from CodeAndWeb, then i got new mail from Andreas Loew with the license key! Thank you for the license key. Now, I can use the powerfull software for creating sprites for game and application.

TexturePacker
TexturePacker
When i try to publish it for the CSS sprite, i got the css code too. So i can easily use it on my project. So, i decided to use this software for my hybird apps project. I will convert all my icon and button into css spritesheet then use it for an application. It will reduce memory usage of my application.
TexturePacker CSS
TexturePacker CSS
I have two sprite, bomberboy and pocong. The size of Bomberboy.png is 12.5 kB and Pocong is 6 kB. After create css sprite from both image, i got an image with size 14.3 Kb. If i embed two image into apps it will take about 18.5 Kb. The quality of image is same. How many memori can reduce if you have many sprite? Because graphic take a lot memories than programming, it will help you reduce size of your memory and load page of website.

I can get free tutorial for TexturePacker too, that can help me understand how to build spritesheet css, because i am never use it before. Thank for CodeAndWeb for great offer. I will share my study when create css spritesheet soon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe