Goodbye Blender VSE, Welcome Kdenlive

11:10 AM

After graduated from university last year, i decide to move to my hometown Blitar. A small city on east java and decide to create my own project, create a documentation of travel destination arround the city.

I've looking arround many interesting place on this city and create an instagram account called jelajahblitar. It means same with explore Blitar. I never think that this account will get many follower. Today, i got about 13K follower after create this account for 9 month ago.

Beside it, i've create Blitar Travel Site that you can use for reference if you are looking interesting place on Blitar. You can get route information, maps and what you will get there. But, the site is only on Bahasa. You can try to use google translate or contact me if interest with one of place that i've post there. Because i just post place that i've visited before.

Decide To Create Video Documentation

After six month, i try to create documentation video that will be posted into youtube. You can see some video on Jelajah Blitar Channel on Youtube to see the videos. I got problem when try to edit footage after my friend join on this project.

He use Sony RX100 MII to record footage and when i try to edit on Blender VSE (software that i've use for long time for editing video) it getting lag. Because before he join, everything work fine, because i just use action cam for record the footage.

Now, i need to choose best video editor in Ubuntu to make me more easily edit the footage. So, here we come with some video editor that i've try

Choose Video Editor on Ubuntu

I've choose 3 video editor on Ubuntu, they are Blender VSE, KDENLive and Lightwork. I dont try openshoot video editor (again) because i've use it before and i dont like to do the project with openshot.

Blender VSE

Blender VSE Screenshot
Blender VSE Screenshot
With Blender VSE i need to use another software to create title or another text. Because i dont like use 3D text on Blender for the title. I prefer use image than use 3D text that rendered in Blender. Audio and video can't sync, i've activated AV Sync but the video lagged and follow the audio. It make me confuse to choose best place to start the transition or another cut on the video.

Lightwork

Lightwork Login Page Before Start
Lightwork Login Page Before Start
This is video professional editor that you can install for free. You need to connect internet and login to your accoung to use this software. It's really complicated for me. Because i am not connect internet everytime. 


This work on full screen desktop that can help me keep focus on the work. With many video editing feature for professional make me confuse. So i decided to close this software after import all project into this workspace. Iam amateur and dont need to use lightwork yet. Maybe someday i will be use, i dont know.

KDENLive

KdenLive Screenshot
KdenLive Screenshot
Best choice for now, everything works fine and i dont need another software for creating title. I think i will use it for my project now. Sometimes i just need to have Blender feature on this software. 

Some shortcut not work proprely so i need to right click the mouse button and choose the menu. It's complicated if you are familiar with keyboard shortcut for doing something like editing video.

So, What The Best Video Editor in Ubuntu?

For me, KDENLive is the best for now. I am amateur that just need simple workflow and simple internaface. If you're professional maybe you interest with lightwork. Or you are animator you maybe interest with Blender.

For newbie in editing video like me, KDENLive is best choice for now. Are you have another Idea about best video editor in Ubuntu?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe