Comments Are Closed After Install Disqus on Wordpress

12:05 AM

Disqus is my favorite comment system, we can login with any acoount like facebook, twitter, open id, etc. Disqus available for many platform like Blogger, Wordpress, etc. I am using disqus comment system for wordpress and blogger blog. It's easy to use and not found spam yet. I enjoy it for my blog comment system.


I've create new blog for my portofolio page and freelance job. I decide to use wordpress cms, you can find it on jasa.panduaji.net. Tonight, i got problem after install disqus comment system on my wordpress site. The problem is Comments Are Closed.

I've check the discussion on dashboard sidebar menu, comment is active. I disabled Spam Free Wordpress plugin because i think it was crash, but after disable the plugin, nothing happend. The comments still closed for all post.

After trying to search how to fix it, i found simple method to fix it. There is step by step to enable comment on wordpress site. I think it's not for disqus user only, but for wordpress user that confuse why the comments are closed.
  • Edit a post on your site
  • Open Screen Option
  • Activate Discussion and Comments
  • Activate Allow Comments below the post
See image bellow if you still confuse
allow comments on wordpress
allow comments on wordpress
I hope it's helpfull for another newbie like me or another people that confuse why the comment are closed. There is discussion that help me to fix this problem

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I install Disqus but still are not closed.
    Jogos de moto

    ReplyDelete
  2. try to open on settings > and check the " Allow people to post comments on new articles "

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same problem is here. I can't resolve this problem . Can u explain little more.

    Most funny images

    ReplyDelete
  4. what's your problem? are you have try allow people to post comments on new articles?

    ReplyDelete
  5. After one hour, I found the solution. You have to disable Spam free Wordpress and everything will work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, It works <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this is such a very nice post i really
    like it your blog.

    Free web
    development.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for share http://sex-hot-indo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes when we install some plugins, it includes a certain variable for it to work properly. I am using Disqus and it works just fine. For a new look at your WordPress photo gallery, try this http://wordpress.org/plugins/iframe-embed-for-momentme/. Creates a 360°
    perspective of your photos. Fast and easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great and usefull tips

    http://www.plagiarismdetect.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. try to open on settings > and check the " Allow people to post comments on new articles "

    Good thought by the way ...

    plagiarism detector

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank for sharing, but iam still using blogger platform :D.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe